I am a lecturer, researcher, and teacher educator. My academic interests lie in the fields of English literature and language. My research projects focus the roles of fiction reading in the process of language acquisition and in the history of English language teaching. In the field of literary studies, my expertise is in Shakespeare but I am also interested in the development of Tolkien Studies.
I am a Higher Education Academy Senior Fellow (SFHEA) and I currently work at the University of Leicester.
In this blog you will find :
- reflections on my professional practices and activities;
- short notes on the books I have just read;
- short notes on books I have read in the past but that are still very influential in my personal and professional life;
- links to articles I find interesting, relevant and/or inspiring;
- reviews of plays and films I have just watched, most of which are Shakespeare stage productions or film adaptations
This blog also serves as place where I save links that I find useful for my teaching, reading, and research and where I keep my library records. I hope these can also be useful to my readers as suggestions for further reading.