The ELT Online Reading Group was a brand new website. The Group grew so much in the last couple of years that we needed to create a new website that could accommodate all the online traffic and avoid the jam on TeachingEnglish. Besides that, as our Group approaches its 6thanniversary this August 2013, we thought of giving it a more interactive, more visually attractive and more user-friendly website.
These are some of the new features you will find on the new site:
- An easily accessible Welcome page where you can register as a member and post your welcome message
- Distinct discussion threads for short stories, poems and novel extracts
- New works uploaded every month
- Selected web links that bring you more information on particular works and authors
- A collection of downloadable lesson plans based on literary works and the opportunity to share your own lesson plans and materials
- The ELT Online Reading Group own publications that you can read on screen as e-books or download as pdf documents
- The Small Groups area where you can have your own closed online reading group for your own students or institution using our online platform
- A direct link to the ELT Online Reading Group YouTube channel
- Direct links to the ELT Online Reading Group Facebook and Twitter pages
Join the Group at http://eltreadinggroup.weebly.com
I would like to thank the British Council for all the support, especially Paul Braddock for the tips and help to create the new site. Cheers!
I hope you enjoy the new website and enjoy reading the texts available there.